Want Tip: Getting Dressy with Sneakers
Anytime you wear a full suit, or combo a blazer with jeans or casual trousers, the look is completed by a pair of nicely polished dress shoes. But what about for times when your feet just want to be walking in something more comfortable and casual? Go for a pair of sneakers, of course! Cardinal sin? We think not. You just have to know how to mix these casual kicks with more tailored looks. Read this Want Tip and learn.
10 Eco-friendly Fashion Picks for Earth Day
Have you seen the #MyBeautifulEarth page on Google+ photos? If you haven’t yet, click on that link and get blown-away by the stunning images of this wonderful world we live in! This Earth Day, take some time to reflect on how you can reduce your impact to the environment; yes, this includes how you choose the clothes you wear too. Not everyone is gifted in creating stylish, eco-friendly garments themselves, but thankfully there are designers and labels out there that choose to craft fashion through eco-friendly means. Take a look below, and you’ll see 10 chic examples of eco-friendly fashion (because a clean, beautiful Earth, and a fashionable population shouldn’t be an “either/or”)!
1. Organic By John Patrick Ruched Gauzed Blouse
2. Eileen Fisher Organic Linen Blend Scoop Neck Dress
3. Yvonne S Butterfly Organic Cotton Mini Dress
4. James Perse Recycled Crepe Jersey Dress
5. Eco Swim Galaxy Dot Bow Halter Swimdress
6. Pelechecoco Recycled Soft Leather Biker Vest
7. RECYCLED Shoulder Bag
8. Marni Edition Black & White Eco-Leather Shoulder Bag
9. Nordstrom Eco Tote
10. Greg Lauren Patchwork Cape
Eco-friendly fashion shouldn’t only be in your mind once a year for Earth Day; your fashion choices and purchasing decisions inevitably affect the environment after all. Find out more about how you can reduce your impact on the environment while still maintaining a sense of style. Check out this helpful guest post by our stylish friend Myriam, Founder of Eco Fashion Week, on the Wantering Blog: 7 Tips on How to be Fashionably Responsible.
5 Cute Cutout Booties Styles for Spring
Cutout booties sound kind of ugly when you describe them out loud. They’re like boots that some designers tried to turn into sandals, but not quite. Pretty hideous sounding, right? But if you have ever basked in the glory that is your ideal cutout bootie, you’ll understand why everybody’s so obsessed with them for spring. They offer the perfect balance between breathability and covering up.
Here’s the easiest way to convince you of their necessity for spring. Imagine when you’re under your covers, and you’re too hot, but when you kick off the blankets, you’re freezing. It’s a universal thing that people do in which you stick just one leg out, and the temperature is suddenly perfect. That’s what cutout booties in the spring feel like to your feet—like sticking one leg out when it’s too hot under the covers.
Cutout booties with a 1-2 inch heel are super comfy and great for daily wear. Remember to stick to those slip-on socks that just cover up your toes at the front if you’re not wearing tights. If you find yourself needing to wear socks, always stick to nude or black, so nothing clashes or looks funky in a bad way.
Left: Charlotte Russe Double Buckle Cutout Ankle Bootie
Right: Jeffrey Campbell Everwell Cutout Booties
If you get a tan pair with enough cut outs, you might actually be able to get away with passing them off as an alternative to the standard tan summer sandals. They’re great to pair with bright colors and offer some protection when it rains.
Left: Jeffrey Campbell Stinson Cutout Ankle Bootie
Right: Dolce Vita Helsa Cutout Booties
The Balenciaga black cutout boots have been a style blogger and celebrity favorite for the last couple years, but not everyone’s wallets can afford the hefty $1,275 price tag. Here’s an option if you’re looking for a similar style to pair with a grungier outfit.
Left: Black Poppy Lugg Cutout Booties
Right: Topshop Arabel Cutout Boot
Twist on the Combat Boot
Stand apart from the crowd by getting a pair of combat boots with cutouts. They’ll look a bit more spring appropriate as well as more unique.
Left: Nasty Gal x Jeffrey Campbell Pixel Cutout Boot
Right: Matiko Samantha Cutout Combat Boot
Sky-high heels on cutout booties are flirty and fun to dress up an outfit for a date or just a night out on the town.
Left: Michael Kors Graham Cutout Leather Bootie
Right: Alice+Olivia Gerri Heart Cutout Booties
Need more choices? Head over to Wantering to stock up on your favorite cutout bootie picks for spring!
This fashion post lovingly crafted for you by:
Fashion Marketing Contributor at Wantering
Currently coveting this fresh ASOS Leather Cap
7 Stylish Loungewear for Men
"What’s the point?"
Some of you might have asked that when you read this post’s title. Consider this though: if your style looks crisp and tailored every time you’re adventuring in the urban jungle, why would you let yourself look like a slob at home? And with surprise visitors popping up out of nowhere, be them bros, potential love interests, family or the in-laws, wouldn’t it be better to be comfy, yet stylish and prepared, in your abode? So while it might not be for everyone, to get you started with looking dapper at home, here are 7 stylish loungewear picks for men:
1. Versatile v necks work for almost every occasion, and that includes home use. Look for tees that hit your shoulders at just the right place, and don’t have armholes that are too big.
Jack & Jones Intelligence Basic V Neck T-Shirt
2. For places that have perpetual warm, sunny days, a clean-cut tank provides just the right amount of cool for your style and your body. For modern gents, the tank showcases a proper amount of muscle, without exposing too much skin. This piece from Alexander Wang has a bonus of an added pocket detail.
T by Alexander Wang Sleeveless Scoopneck Tank
3. Lounge pants will always be part of menswear home collections, just make sure they’re not too baggy. The pant’s inseam shouldn’t be too long for your legs; this super-soft cotton pant from Diesel is a great example.
Diesel Martin Lounge Pants
4. Looking to replace your rubber athletic slippers with a more grown-up pair? Check out this transforming piece from L.B. Evans: suede on the outside, plush on the inside, with a fold-down heel that lets you quickly wear it with ease.
L.B. Evans Pierce Slipper
5. Slub hoodies work well for lounging at home and for working out. Like the other loungewear essentials mentioned above, fit is key. Choose tapered over baggy.
Gap Slub Zip Hoodie
6. Every man has his go-to shorts at home. That soft, comfy pair that is so obviously his favorite. For a clean look, look for a pair that cuts at, or just above, the knees; it’s time to graduate from the oversized basketball shorts.
Hugo Boss Innovation 2 Lounge Shorts
7. An underrated piece for home, a slouchy beanie gives you extra warmth for colder seasons. It’s also a more comfortable alternative to a cap or fitted had when surprise visitors come over and you want to hide an embarrassing hairdo.
ASOS Slouchy Beanie Hat
Don’t get caught looking like a slob even if you’re just chilling at home or vacationing in a cabin. Stay true to your menswear game, and discover stylish and comfy lounge pants for men on Wantering.
Splurge or Save: Charming Headbands
Don’t have time to meticulously work on your hair before you leave home for the day? Need to beat the early morning rush hour traffic, or desperate for your daily dose of pour over coffee from your favorite hipster coffee shop? We can totally relate. When you don’t necessarily want to hide your hair under a hat, consider wearing a headband to keep your locks neat and in place.
Before you go on a headband craze, keep in mind that certain headbands work better for certain hairstyles and occasions. Don’t sweat it though, we’ve picked out 5 different charming headband styles to help you find a match (or more), just decide on whether you feel like saving or splurging.
1. Thin and Dainty: Delicately-shaped headbands work best with soft, straight hair. Because they’re dainty, their details can get easily hidden by thicker, curlier locks. Easily pair this style with a dress for day or night time.
Save: Cara Skinny Pearl Headband
Splurge: Maria Nilsdotter Lost World Headband
2. Bow-Embellished: For those with an inherently cheerful manner of dressing, a bow-embellished headband is a perfect hair accessory to showcase a playful style. Choose one with a wider frame if you have thicker hair, so its details can still be visible.
Save: L. Erickson Bow Headband
Splurge: Salvatore Ferragamo Leather Headband
3. Bandeau Headband: Don’t just reserve bandeaus for festivals! These headbands complete bohemian and casual looks. The best part is, they look great and can easily work with practically every type of hair.
Save: MARC by Marc Jacobs Looped Turban Headband
Splurge: Eugenia Kim Natalia Headband
4. Floral Motif: For events that call for a little bit more elegance, go for headbands with floral motifs. Their reflective gem and crystal detailing pair perfectly with dresses and evening wear with similar designs.
Save: ModCloth Bead That Headband
Splurge: Louis Mariette Claudia Headband
5. Spiked: Who says girls with edgier styles don’t have their fair share of headwear? Beanies and fitted hats aren’t the only alternatives, that’s for sure! Spiked headbands allow you to keep your hair in place, while maintaining a rocker, street style look!
Save: ASOS Spiked Headband
Splurge: Murmur Spiked Leather Headband
Inspired by the different headbands you saw above? Whichever hair accessory type works best for your hair and personal style, discover hundreds of trendy women’s headbands on Wantering.
Top 5 Online Sales Happening Right Now
We’re pretty serious about guiding you though the noisy online shopping world. So when there are major sales going on, trust that we’ll share the ones worth your while.
Now that spring is here to stay, it’s time to open up your closet and figure out what’s staying and what needs to go. Hurry so you don’t miss these amazing sales, which will help you stock up on incoming trends.
Ready, set, go!
UPDATED April 17th:
Here’s a few more for the long weekend!
6) Banana Republic: 40% off until April 21st - pick up some basic dress shirts, sweaters and cardigans for work.
7) Topshop: Extra 30% off sale. YESSSSS.
8) Forever21: Spring Sale for all! Womens, mens, and plus sizes, which means you can splurge on bigger items elsewhere and pick up inexpensive tees, tops, accessories, and jewelry here.
9) East Dane: 25% off Friends and Family until April 19th midnight EST. This is the Shopbop for men, so get to know the super stylish brands they’re carrying.
10) Piperlime: 20% dresses, sandals and skirts until April 18th. A new spring wardrobe is calling our name!
1) Shopbop: 25% off all regular and sale priced items until April 17th midnight PST. (BIG DEAL!)
2) J. Crew: 30% off select items for women and men until April 20th midnight EST.
3) Neiman Marcus Last Call: Extra 30% off handbags, jewelry, womenswear and all menswear under April 21.
4) ASOS: 25% off womens summer styles and mens shirts for a limited time.
5) Sephora: Pick up a new set of colors for your eyes, lips, cheeks, and nails to go with that new spring wardrobe. Great deals in their sale section.
To get notified when stuff you love goes on sale without having to do any of the hard work, sign up for a Wantering account and start hearting your favorite items. We’ll send you a note if it drops in price.
7 Stunna Shades for Stylish Men
When the temperature rises and the sun reaches its peak, you better be ready with the right stunna shades worthy of being paired with your tailored outfit. Whether your cruising around town with your convertible’s top down, or sipping espresso in a charming cafe on a European vacation, make sure the accessory prominently resting on your face and providing shade against sunlight, does an outstanding job of reflecting your style.
1. Thom Browne TB-004A Sunglasses: Dual purpose. For the gentleman that has less than perfect vision, but objects to wearing contact lenses in order to wear sunglasses, this transforming piece by Thom Browne is a stylish choice.
2. Brioni Metal & Horn Square Polarized Sunglasses: A luxurious alternative to the classic Clubmaster design, this is a pair that you would not want to lose. Handmade with buffalo horn and metal, this Brioni piece is perfect for both a casual and dressy look.
3. Linda Farrow Luxe Unisex Aviators: For the fashionisto that prefers a lowkey look, this aviator by Linda Farrow adds a perfect touch of subtle affluence. Pair with neutral tones, and lightweight materials like cotton and linen menswear essentials.
4. Tag Heuer TAG L-TYPE Sunglasses: Eyewear for men with a need for speed and a craving for adrenaline. The very masculine L-TYPE sunglasses is designed entirely in carbon fiber. The red tips at temple? Just perfect!
5. Thom Browne Oval Acetate Sunglasses: Unique, without being too eccentric, the Oval Acetate Sunglasses by Thom Browne is steampunk chic. Think the piece is too “out there” for you to rock? Nay. Easily match it with a basic tee, tailored jeans, and a moto jacket.
6. Ralph Vaessen Job Horn Sunglasses: While it may have the usual shape of the popular frames that appear in hip hop music videos, the Job sunglasses by Ralph Vaessen wraps the classic shape in dark, sophisticated horn. Wear it with tailored shorts, a casual tee or shirt, and sleek, bright sneakers.
7. Chrome Hearts Home Plate Sunglasses: Like other works by Chrome Hearts, this edgy eyewear screams rockstar style. All black everything. Need we say more?
Wouldn’t you expect a certain caliber of eyewear to be sitting on your face for everyone to see? When the common aviators and blocky acetate frame sunglasses just won’t do, you’ll find next-level men’s luxury eyewear you would actually want to wear on Wantering.