7 Stunna Shades for Stylish Men
When the temperature rises and the sun reaches its peak, you better be ready with the right stunna shades worthy of being paired with your tailored outfit. Whether your cruising around town with your convertible’s top down, or sipping espresso in a charming cafe on a European vacation, make sure the accessory prominently resting on your face and providing shade against sunlight, does an outstanding job of reflecting your style.
1. Thom Browne TB-004A Sunglasses: Dual purpose. For the gentleman that has less than perfect vision, but objects to wearing contact lenses in order to wear sunglasses, this transforming piece by Thom Browne is a stylish choice.
2. Brioni Metal & Horn Square Polarized Sunglasses: A luxurious alternative to the classic Clubmaster design, this is a pair that you would not want to lose. Handmade with buffalo horn and metal, this Brioni piece is perfect for both a casual and dressy look.
3. Linda Farrow Luxe Unisex Aviators: For the fashionisto that prefers a lowkey look, this aviator by Linda Farrow adds a perfect touch of subtle affluence. Pair with neutral tones, and lightweight materials like cotton and linen menswear essentials.
4. Tag Heuer TAG L-TYPE Sunglasses: Eyewear for men with a need for speed and a craving for adrenaline. The very masculine L-TYPE sunglasses is designed entirely in carbon fiber. The red tips at temple? Just perfect!
5. Thom Browne Oval Acetate Sunglasses: Unique, without being too eccentric, the Oval Acetate Sunglasses by Thom Browne is steampunk chic. Think the piece is too “out there” for you to rock? Nay. Easily match it with a basic tee, tailored jeans, and a moto jacket.
6. Ralph Vaessen Job Horn Sunglasses: While it may have the usual shape of the popular frames that appear in hip hop music videos, the Job sunglasses by Ralph Vaessen wraps the classic shape in dark, sophisticated horn. Wear it with tailored shorts, a casual tee or shirt, and sleek, bright sneakers.
7. Chrome Hearts Home Plate Sunglasses: Like other works by Chrome Hearts, this edgy eyewear screams rockstar style. All black everything. Need we say more?
Wouldn’t you expect a certain caliber of eyewear to be sitting on your face for everyone to see? When the common aviators and blocky acetate frame sunglasses just won’t do, you’ll find next-level men’s luxury eyewear you would actually want to wear on Wantering.
Even with the simplest, most basic outfit, a small clutch has the ability to make you stand out. Right about now you might be wondering how this can possibly happen. Whether it’s a simple casual look for the day or a simple evening wear attire, a statement-making clutch can make your OOTD a 10. Don’t doubt the power of these bags; remember, it’s all in the details. Take a look at these 8 luxurious clutches and you’ll understand what we mean.
1. Alexander McQueen Bees Long Knuckle Box Clutch: Don’t know which rings to pair with your outfit? This knuckle box clutch from Alexander McQueen has you covered. Just slide your fingers in the clutch’s holder and voila, instant jewelry!
2. Judith Leiber Couture New York Philharmonic Cello Clutch Bag: This is for the stylish musicians who love to represent their passion, even when they’re not playing at the event. As a bonus, the clever clutch is beaded with Austrian crystals!
3. Marchesa Lily Floral Embroidered Box Clutch: The gold and green motif of this Marchesa floral clutch is perfect for the spring and summer seasons. Pair it as the perfect accessory to a little black dress, or use it to spruce up a casual outfit.
4. Tom Ford Leopard Beaded Ring Clutch: Don’t let the Leopard print fool you, this clutch is all about elegance. Like the Alexander McQueen knuckle box clutch, you can slide your finger through this clutch for instant finger jewelry.
5. Lanvin Arpege Minaudiere Box Clutch: When you want to stand out from the crowd as well as the other clutch carriers, rock this minaudiere from Lanvin. When everyone else will be holding a boxy bag, you’ll confidently strut with this lavish orb.
6. Belstaff Tredington Metal Clutch Bag: If the gunmetal hardware doesn’t jump out at you, the tired-tread inset will. Belstaff combines fashion and automotive love to create a piece that appears to be in motion even when it’s stationary.
7. Reece Hudson Stendhal Minaudiere: Prove that you have nothing to hide. The diamond cutouts of this Reece Hudson clutch lets other fashionistas take a peek at some of your treasured possessions.
8. Christian Louboutin Mina Spiked Box Clutch Bag: Let a bubbly clutch match your bubbly personality. The candy-colored spikes of the Mina clutch can add the right touch of fun to any outfit.
Chasing after these captivating clutches now? We can’t blame you; they’re just so irresistible. You can find these bags, and other luxurious women’s clutches on Wantering.
Trendsetter Feature: Monsieur Jean Yves
Have you ever seen a bow tie made out of blue peacock feathers, gold leaf, or python? No? That just shows how unique and creative French bow tie designer Monsieur Jean Yves is when it comes to creating stylish neckwear. His creations have such a sophisticated elegance, that even Oscar winner Jared Leto rocked his beautiful blood-red Phoebus 5 bow tie to this year’s awards. Get to know the magnificent designer; meet Monsieur Jean Yves.
#TBT to the Sandbox Days: Overalls
Okay, we know, we know. This is a trend that people either love or hate; if you hate it, well, maybe after reading this post, you’ll come to at least respect its versatile prowess (we can only hope)! The overall is a great transition piece because you can layer a sweater under it for chillier spring days, or go lightweight and strip down to crop-tops for summer. The other upside: they work well with any style of shoes! Love the look, but can’t figure out how to pull it off? Hate it, but curious to see how it can be redeemed for you? Read on to find out!
Floral overalls are probably the easiest to figure out because they mostly look like any old romper. The reason it’s better than a romper is because it’s made for layering. Stick to solid-colored tops underneath to avoid clashing and messiness. A white t-shirt with cuffed sleeves would be especially adorable and fresh for spring.
Left: ModCloth Overalls Achiever
Right: Forever21 Distressed Floral Overall Shorts
Some people may be averse to blue denim overalls because they think it looks too child-like, but it doesn’t have to! Denim overalls not only offer a great texture, but can also be super versatile. You can match any top you want underneath them, the same way you would with a basic pair of blue jeans. They’re also super cute to throw on over bikinis for a trip to the beach!
Left: ASOS Denim Overall Shorts
Right: Forever21 Botanical Babe Overall Shorts
For those of you still convinced that overalls are for kids, look for a black leather pair to edge it up. Try one with long pants instead of shorts for a more grown-up look. While these can also match any top you choose to stick under them, they can get dressed up in a way floral and denim overalls can’t. Pair them with a nice button-up and a pair of black heels for a night out.
Left: Townsen Leather Overalls
Right: Topshop Faux Leather Overalls
There is nothing more classic than stripes in summer, and they are a complete 180 from the hard, grungy leather above. Pair with simple white tank tops or t-shirts for a clean, light style. Keep to flat shoes for these to look extra casual—classic Chuck Taylors, flat espadrilles, and skater shoes.
Left: Forever21 Railroad Striped Overall Shorts
Right: ModCloth Sassy Stripes Overalls
This fashion post lovingly crafted for you by:
Fashion Marketing Contributor at Wantering
Currently coveting the classic Ray-Ban Clubmasters
So, did you gain a new found appreciation for this adorable piece of clothing after reading the article? Go and find some trendy women’s overalls on Wantering! Tell us, would you rock this hip fashion item for spring and summer now?
Splurge or Save: 6 Stylish Bag Types for Men
Guys, we know there were simpler childhood days when the only things you had to carry in your pockets were keys and a wallet. As you get older though, inevitably more and more things get added to your daily carry. Books for school, your cellphone, maybe a handheld game console, a laptop, possibly a tablet, stuff for work, a camera, and the list goes on. Even with all the pockets included in your outfit of the day, you obviously can’t carry all these anymore without a bag… and please don’t try to, it just looks awkward! The good news is, besides carrying your gear, there are so many styles for men’s bags that they can be matched with your personal style. Whether you’re always in casual mode, or draped in 3-piece suits, here are 6 types of bags to match your outfit.
Splurge: Valentino Camo Leather & Canvas Backpack
Save: Herschel Supply Co. Pop Quiz Backpack
Splurge: Gucci Coated Fabric Messenger Bag
Save: Hex Gallery Collection Messenger Bag
Splurge: Burberry Perforated Colour Leather Crossbody Briefcase
Save: Zara Briefcase with Blue Piping
Splurge: Ralph Lauren Zip Vachetta Portfolio
Save: Club Monaco Nylon Portfolio
Splurge: Smythson Panama North-South Tote
Save: J. Crew Rail and Wharf 12-hour Tote
Splurge: Ralph Lauren Saddle Weekender Bag
Save: WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie Hartsfield Weekender Tote
So guys, don’t leave your essentials at home, and don’t settle for making your pockets bulky. Discover stylish men’s bags, and specifically men’s folios (one of spring’s must-have accessories for guys) that suit you on Wantering.
Have a dope bag that you’re using as a daily carrier? Show us what it is in the reblogs!
Menswear: 6 Reasons to Invest in Henleys
You have your dress shirts, polos, and crewneck tees (maybe even v-necks if you’re one of the more style-adventurous gents), but if you haven’t added the henley in your wardrobe, you are missing out on the benefits this menswear essential can add to your style game. So, what exactly is a henley? The quick and simple answer is that it’s a collarless shirt with a button placket (usually 2-5 buttons). While some guys might mistakenly see the henley as just a cross between a crewneck and a v-neck that transforms from one to the other with some quick unbuttoning, it is much more that that. Here are 6 reasons why you should invest in this underrated menswear treasure:
1. It’s easy to dress them up or down.
Switch out the v-neck, and wear a henley with a suit for a dressy, yet friendly look. It’s still a tee, so you can definitely wear a henley as is for a super casual look.
2. They’re amazingly great for layering.
Usually found in long sleeve styles, henleys can be easily used for layering under button down shirts. Having the ability to unbutton some or all of the buttons on a henley’s placket allows you to adjust how “open” your shirt and henley look when paired together. You can also layer the henley over a more lightweight short sleeve tee.
3. Average, thin, husky, or ripped; different body types can pull them off.
Just like their crewneck and v-neck counterparts, henleys are suitable for a variety of body types. Need to do a little more work in the gym? Limit yourself to unbuttoning a max of 2 buttons. Have a more muscular build? Feel free to show off the fruits of your labour (just don’t go overboard)!
4. They can be lightweight for spring and summer, or thermal for fall and winter.
Coming in both lightweight and thermal fabrics, you can wear henleys to provide circulation or warmth, as needed. Besides the weight of the fabric, you can easily unbutton the placket and roll the sleeves up or down to adapt to the temperature.
5. Henleys come in so many different styles and designs that you’re guaranteed to find one that matches your needs.
Short sleeve, long sleeve, semi-sweater, solid, patterned, minimal, bright, and the list goes on! You’ll find a henley that matches your style and works well with clothes you already own.
6. Your favorite bros like international playboy Chuck Bass, man’s man Jacob Palmer, and Earth-saving Thor wear them.
They can pull the henley look off, and so can you!
Top Henley Picks
Our top henley picks right now? Well, here they are:
(L-R) Levi’s Concealed Placket Henley
Lacoste Short Sleeve Pima Cotton Henley T-Shirt
Forever 21 Thermal Henley
Scotch & Soda Print Knit Henley
Save Khaki Raglan Henley
Ralph Lauren Hooded Jersey Henley
Follow through with the style advice! Whether you’re looking for short- or long-sleeves, something lightweight or something thermal, you’ll find men’s henley styles that fit your style on Wantering.
(Photos from Pinterest: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12)