She writes, she speaks, she advises, she creates. These are just a few of the several sought-after skills trend expert Kelsey Dundon has up her stylish sleeve. As the founder of Northill Creative, Kelsey strategizes and consults on creative projects for fashion and retail brands. As if that weren’t enough, she is also the founder of renowned fashion and lifestyle site, The Anthology, and the lifestyle editor of Vitamin Daily.
Never predictable, Kelsey loves it all - prints, stripes, vintage, trends, pretty and everything in-between. A master at mixing, Kelsey puts a modern spin on the extravagant, yet simple, and blends chic Hollywood glamour, with West Coast feminine cool.
Her charming, warm character radiates off her inspirational site, full of gorgeous photos, and refreshing original content. It’s no surprise Kelsey’s unique and ever-changing style has made her a go-to fashion expert in the media and at industry events. Recently featured in The Westender, Kelsey admitted her personal power outfit is - “Really high heels, they hurt so good.” Now this is our kind of tastemaker.
Today Kelsey dishes about Pinstagrams, inspirations, and Rachel Roy.
The Anthology features so many unique columns, including Workspace, Bookmark and our fave, Pinstagram, where you ”marry the dream with the reality” and post images from Pinterest and Instagram with a common pattern, texture, or color. What makes something “Pin” or “Instagram” worthy to you?
I’m very picky about what I post on Instagram because I’m my own worst critic when it comes to photos. I need to be proud of a photo before I’ll post it. Many of the shots I take don’t make it up there. To be pin-worthy, a picture needs to stop me in my tracks. I rarely pin something because I plan on painting my room that color, or emulating a hairstyle, I base it purely on emotion.
You describe your style as being all over the place, why is your aesthetic preference so broad?
I suppose it’s because I get bored easily. I find it refreshing to rock different styles for different occasions. It’s more fun that way!
Most staple piece of fashion advice you’ve learned to give?
The best advice is probably the hardest to follow: to know what looks good on you, what types of silhouettes best flatter you, and which colors make you shine brightest. Looking at photos of yourself is a great way to help figure that out because the mirror can lie. When I was a teenager I used to wear a lot of pastel colours, but I now know they look terrible on me.
Which fellow bloggers do you get the most inspiration from?
Who do you trust the most for style advice and why?
My sister. I’m always bugging her for input and feedback. Plus, she’s fun to shop with.
If you could ask the fashion gods to invent one thing, what would it be?
A way to instantly expand and collapse your closet, kind of like the book stacks in the basement of university libraries. I have too little space and too many clothes, though I’m sure I’m not alone in that.
Who would your personal fashion advisor be?
Carrie Bradshaw. I love how she mixes vintage and designer pieces.
Easiest trend for you to buy into?
Right now, brocade. I want everything I own to be woven with gold.
Hardest trend for you to buy into?
Fur. I’ll leave that to my Ukrainian ancestors.
Show us your most inspirational Instagram pic.
Rachel Roy’s take on the fashion industry is so refreshing, laid back and down to earth.
Getting inspired? View more photos and beautiful “Pinstagrams” from Kelsey online!
Want Kelsey’s unique, feminine sleek style? Shop Kelsey’s unique look, along with thousands of other tastemakers, on Wantering!
This blog post by Wantering is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
- maria-shroom likes this
- hazelezah likes this
- sofiadimartino likes this
- smiiiiiii reblogged this from easy-breezy-blouses
- eugovitalia reblogged this from wantering-jewelry
- blaque-white likes this
- kaibunnigozrawr likes this
- themodera reblogged this from finishing-touch-accessories
- themodera likes this
- niccai likes this
- xojanedotcom reblogged this from wantering-blog and added:
- ecksfade reblogged this from skirting-the-issue
- be-free-learn-to-fly likes this
- macaronichick reblogged this from wantering-in-the-hood
- memyselfnlies reblogged this from hipster-miniskirts
- memyselfnlies likes this
- thewinsomeolive likes this
- whetniy likes this
- zoomine likes this
- dont-give-up-ily reblogged this from fuckyeahskinnyskinnyjeans
- contentwithmyessence reblogged this from wantering
- contentwithmyessence likes this
- chriss128 reblogged this from never-under-dressed
- creditsmonsieur likes this
- hipster-tops reblogged this from wantering-blog
- hipster-miniskirts reblogged this from wantering-blog
- hipster-womens-fashion reblogged this from wantering-blog
- wantering-under-cover reblogged this from wantering-blog
- winter-fashion-trends reblogged this from wantering-blog
- skirting-the-issue reblogged this from wantering-blog
- wantering-dressed-in-red reblogged this from wantering-blog
- wantering-sweater-weather reblogged this from wantering-blog
- finishing-touch-accessories reblogged this from wantering-blog
- in-those-boots reblogged this from wantering-blog
- wantering-in-the-hood reblogged this from wantering-blog
- never-under-dressed reblogged this from wantering-blog
- hipster-fashion-trends reblogged this from wantering-blog
- manly-shoes reblogged this from wantering-blog
- cozy-knitwear reblogged this from wantering-blog
- looking-pretty-in-prints reblogged this from wantering-blog
- wantering-leather reblogged this from wantering-blog
- easy-breezy-blouses reblogged this from wantering-blog
- all-black-all-the-time reblogged this from wantering-blog
- jacket-is-required reblogged this from wantering-blog
- fuckyeahskinnyskinnyjeans reblogged this from wantering-blog
- wedgeswedgeswedges reblogged this from wantering-blog
- lingeriesexytime reblogged this from wantering-blog
- radshades reblogged this from wantering-blog
- fuckyawatches reblogged this from wantering-blog
- fuckyeahhotdresses reblogged this from wantering-blog