Just a small town girl … with big city dreams, fashion lust and style the Olsens would be jealous of.
You know how the song goes. Hannah Riley Henderson may be from the small town of Rainsville, Alabama but that hasn’t stopped her blog, Style by Hannah Riles, from being noticed by prominent publications and boutiques such as Teen Vogue, Seventeen, Urban Outfitters, Pinkyotto, and Aoko NY. Forced to think outside the box her whole life, Hannah perfects her dreamy bohemian look with charming thrift pieces, cascading gypsy-inspired skirts and daring statement jewelry.
Take note of this rustic-urban fashionista, she’s getting ready to pounce on New York City and we’re following her every step of the way.
Share with us what your enormous dreams are?
My dream is to become successful in pursuing my greatest hobby - fashion - while living in my most beloved city, NYC. I plan to move to there in a year and a half to complete my Fashion Merchandising Management degree at Fashion Institute of Technology. After I graduate from college, I plan to continue living in the City and work in the fashion industry.
Just how small is your small town and how does this influence your shopping, personal style, and inspirations?
We just got our second traffic light a few years ago, if that tells you anything! Being in a small town has pushed me to look elsewhere for shopping and inspiration. Luckily, we live in the age of the Internet, where buying a new pair of boots, or checking out the latest designer collections is just a click away. As for personal style, not many dress like me where I live, but that has never stopped me.
What fellow bloggers do you get inspiration from?
Who are your style icons?
Like most girls, I really admire Kate Bosworth, Florence Welch, Alexa Chung, and Mary-Kate Olsen.
What are your fave trends right now?
I really love that leather trousers and Peter Pan collars have made their way into everyday wear.
If you could only save one fashion item from a fire, what would it be?
Wow, that’s a tough one. However, if I could only save one piece, I’m pretty sure it would be my Mulberry Alexa. It’s the most valuable piece in my wardrobe, and also very sentimental to me because I bought it in NYC on my eighteenth birthday.
Excited to follow Hannah on her journey into Manhattan? So are we! Follow her Blog and on Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Instagram
Wanna discover clothes you’ll love? Shop Hannah’s eclectic style, along with thousands of other trendsetters, on Wantering! Sign up now.
Photo Credit: Kayla Cobb and Terri Henderson
This blog post by Wantering is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
- liveyourdreamxoxo reblogged this from wantering-under-cover
- liveyourdreamxoxo likes this
- infiniteisnotenough reblogged this from lovely-life-lovely
- he-who-is-brave-is-freexx likes this
- muriaa reblogged this from in-those-boots
- sincerelykimberlee reblogged this from skirting-the-issue
- liaaxo reblogged this from wantering-sneakers and added:
- aidegee reblogged this from wantering-sneakers
- simpleimjessicaa reblogged this from wantering-blog
- pieceofluck likes this
- melissajames26 reblogged this from lingeriesexytime and added:
- accidentlyblondeonpurpose reblogged this from hipster-tops
- iluvshoez16 reblogged this from wedgeswedgeswedges
- i-will-always-be-right-there reblogged this from wedgeswedgeswedges
- ambitious-cadz reblogged this from wantering-sneakers
- ambitious-cadz likes this
- liveanawfullybigadventure reblogged this from wantering-in-the-hood
- po-ssibili-ty reblogged this from easy-breezy-blouses
- nnnn-ina reblogged this from wantering-under-cover
- angel-with-a-shot-gunn likes this
- 4evacasuals reblogged this from finishing-touch-accessories
- clearly-cynical reblogged this from jacket-is-required
- clearly-cynical likes this
- itsnisse reblogged this from finishing-touch-accessories
- be-you-fash1on-always reblogged this from jacket-is-required
- youcan-only-beyou reblogged this from wantering-jewelry
- italianbitch94 likes this
- theradiantsoul reblogged this from wantering-sweater-weather
- drmseventuallycmtrue reblogged this from wantering-heels
- sawitwantitgotit likes this
- regardingsamuel reblogged this from wantering-dressed-in-red
- sadeandrepassion reblogged this from wantering-under-cover
- neonbluestars reblogged this from hipster-miniskirts
- thebontonist likes this
- piperwelch likes this
- p3rf3tlyimp3rf3ct reblogged this from wantering-sneakers
- yourradiance reblogged this from hipster-fashion-trends
- proud-to-call-me-a-belieber reblogged this from skirting-the-issue
- kaiforniaflower reblogged this from skirting-the-issue
- dreamscometrue401 reblogged this from wedgeswedgeswedges
- burning--bones likes this
- tystyleme reblogged this from wantering-under-cover
- tystyleme likes this
- fliegenohnefallschirm likes this
- undergroundfire reblogged this from finishing-touch-accessories
- undergroundfire likes this
- dreamingunderthestars reblogged this from easy-breezy-blouses
- y-o-u-n-g-wild-n-f-r-e-e likes this
- sunshinebitch69 reblogged this from skirting-the-issue
- yamshelef likes this