Maybe you’ve never left your heart in San Francisco, but you’ll be tempted to leave your heart with the duo from Say Hello Max. Meet Tienlyn Jacobson and Elsa Kawai, the talented twosome behind the Golden Gate City-based blog, Say Hello Max. Elsa (the photographer) captures Tienlyn’s (the model) exquisite beauty perfectly in her bold and editorial-style photos which will take your breath away.
We dare you not to gawk and be inspired by the duo’s perfect imagery including their recent Time Squared posts and of course, New York Fashion Week series. How about Tienlyn’s whiter than white pleated maxi skirt in this shot? We didn’t even mention the studs yet.
These two friends style and direct editorial projects throughout the fashion industry, and have been featured on ShopStyle and Refinery29. We couldn’t be more obsessed with these two and that’s why they’re our Featured Friday Trendsetters today!
Tell us about yourselves.
Tienlyn: From the moment we first met on set at a photoshoot, Elsa and I have been instant friends. It was like we had known each other for years and we immediately began working together on one creative project after another. We both have a background in fashion. Mine is in writing and styling and Elsa’s is in photography and design - but somehow, it was years before we started our blog, Say Hello Max. Once we started, it has become one of those things where we now ask each other, ‘Why didn’t we do this years ago?’
How would you describe the style on your blog?
Tienlyn: My personal preference tends to be more minimalistic with a touch of the unexpected. I love clean lines, bold shapes and anything that has an active quality to it.
Elsa: I’m inspired by what is around me, or the person or subject I am capturing. The mood and feeling that develops organically is what I thrive on the most. It’s a natural part of the process. We both love the narrative element to imagery, which is why our styles work so well together.
How would you describe the fashion scene in San Francisco?
Tienlyn: In San Francisco, fashion comes in pockets. Not as many people are concerned with fashion in their everyday lives, but those who are, do it incredibly well. People dress for comfort more than anything, but if you want to dress a certain way, there is a lot of room for self-expression.
What fellow bloggers do you draw inspiration from?
We both love Luxirare! It’s a completely unique concept for a blog and is a daily read for both of us.
What’s your fave Wantering recommendation?
We both love the Daphny Raes A4 Clutch. It’s a classic black clutch that will go with everything, but there is an array of texture that makes it interesting.
Tienlyn: I grew up on old films, particularly of the surreal genre, and Luis Buñuel is my favorite director. In middle school, my mom showed me The Exterminating Angel and it blew my mind. Visually speaking, my favorite film inspiration would probably Fellini’s Juliette of the Spirits.
Elsa: Fever Ray’s When I Grow Up is pretty inspiring. It’s actually very simple but such an incredible concept. The mood gives you goosebumps.
What advice would you give your 14-year old self?
Tienlyn: Don’t listen to what other people say is impossible. Everything is possible. Your path might be a little unexpected, but regrets only happen when you don’t give it 100%.
Elsa: Explore every option! As long as it’s something you love to do. Also, just keep on trying – there’s nothing to lose.
Check out more from this style pairing made from blogger heaven. Visit Say Hello Max here and also on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
To shop exquisite street style looks, join thousands of other trendsetters on www.wantering.com!
Photo Credits: All photos taken by Elsa Kawai
This blog post by Wantering is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
- purpleshawty69 reblogged this from fuckyeahskinnyskinnyjeans
- loveneverdies26 reblogged this from wantering-heels
- batsinthebasement reblogged this from wantering-leather
- batsinthebasement likes this
- neck0fthewoods likes this
- neck0fthewoods reblogged this from jacket-is-required
- kitkatakdream reblogged this from winter-fashion-trends
- isadrofe reblogged this from skirting-the-issue
- laughtermakespictures reblogged this from finishing-touch-accessories
- victoriasophia14 likes this
- better-than-you-bitches likes this
- xjustanothermee likes this
- nikofashionshowlifestyle reblogged this from fashionrocks35
- fashionrocks35 reblogged this from in-those-boots
- mademoisellelorenelise likes this
- sincerelykimberlee reblogged this from skirting-the-issue
- chocolates4ever reblogged this from easy-breezy-blouses
- letusliveadreams likes this
- sayhellomax likes this
- littlefrantic likes this
- chocostrawberrymilk reblogged this from jacket-is-required
- chocostrawberrymilk likes this
- prokoffee likes this
- dubtress likes this
- britnyzabel likes this
- soul-slag likes this
- pale-maiden reblogged this from wantering-bags
- gabriellamuktiandhari reblogged this from wantering-blog
- itschasity reblogged this from finishing-touch-accessories
- fayephotography likes this
- tans-vans-bitchs reblogged this from wantering-dressed-in-red
- hopethemovement reblogged this from wedgeswedgeswedges
- mindless5starchick likes this
- mariposaduende likes this
- mrpaulino likes this
- alyssachaseee2379 likes this
- ignoranceisbliss11 reblogged this from wantering-menswear
- niiffe likes this
- artisticpoeticblahblah reblogged this from winter-fashion-trends
- fancylady2012 reblogged this from wantering-bags
- fancylady2012 likes this
- yupinatiqi likes this
- beethanyyyyy reblogged this from wantering-heels and added:
- beethanyyyyy likes this
- melinagrg reblogged this from fuckyeahskinnyskinnyjeans
- damagedbitch likes this
- itsmejabri reblogged this from wantering-menswear
- tipsformywife reblogged this from hipster-womens-fashion
- robertomambretti likes this