Maybe she’s born with it. Miss Tolly Gregory is an aspiring fashion designer, impressive illustrator and talented fashion blogger. With a former Mulberry handbag designer as a mother, Tolly’s natural knack for fashion and style is pretty much inevitable, but the real deal is her age. One look at her blog, Tolly Dolly Posh Fashion and you’ll be shocked to find out Tolly is just 12-years young.
This English fashionista recently made the move from the streets of Great Britain to the vineyards of France. Her wardrobe is full of practical pieces, bold prints and Tolly often completes her geeky-chic look with what else, her favorite accessory, the beret!
Tolly loves Pinterest, Spring mornings and looking at pretty dresses. She’s on her way to online fashion stardom and we got the chance to have an exclusive chat with the rising starlet.
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to get closer to my dream. I didn’t know too much about blogging before I started, but now it’s like my life (well except from school). I love talking to people and seeing what’s new. I love blogging about things that are current but still different to what everybody else is talking about.
Your mother is a former Mulberry handbag designer. What was it like growing up with her?
She has always said to me I carry on from her, and I will finish what she started. Which is true I guess!
I think the best part is that she knows how to do things and knows what works well. It also means she has an artistic eye, so I can always go to her for help. When I was younger, I only knew who Chanel & Vivienne Westwood were. I didn’t know much about other designers until I started blogging.
What kind of advice does your mother give you about the fashion industry?
She knows quite a lot. Every time I’m watching something about fashion and she’s in the room, she says “that’s not what it’s really like” or “I’ll show you how you can do better than that”. So, I guess when I get to that stage, I know who to turn to!
Sky’s the Limit! You’re an aspiring fashion designer and your sketches are just gorgeous! What do you want your collection to be like?
My collection would be a mix between classic pieces and my own bold prints and accessories. My looks would be basic and simple, but someone could always put their own twist on it.
You were born in Britain and you reside in France now. How have these two countries influenced you?
We only moved to France in September 2012, so we haven’t completely settled in yet. Where I live in France, the fashion isn’t what you’d think it would be. Though this could be explained by the fact I’m always near the countryside!
Britain is definitely more fashion-filled in my opinion, although a lot of designers were born in France. Because there are so many designers in this country, it’s influenced me a lot and it shows that I am in the right place, even if I can’t take street style snaps.
You say you have the biggest passion for fashion. Ever. What is it about fashion that makes you jump out of bed in the morning?
It’s the fact that you can never go wrong! Well, I lie, you can. What I mean is that you can express yourself without having to say anything! It’s easier to put your favourite outfit on and show your personality than talking to someone about yourself. When I become a designer (fingers crossed) I hope I can help people become more confident with what they wear because I think that’s something everybody struggles with.
What fellow bloggers do you draw inspiration from?
There are a lot, but right now I am loving Becky from Becky Bedbug. She is so honest and lovely. I think she shows that you don’t have to be size 0 and have the designer dresses to look fab, you just have to be yourself.
What is your favorite Wantering pick right now?
I’m a MASSIVE sunglasses fan. I think anyone could wear these Super X Etudes Panama sunglasses. Even my dad would look good in these. Seriously, he would.
What’s your fave video?
I don’t care that this song is by my sister’s band. It always makes me smile and I think about my life in a different way when I hear it. I just can’t get enough!
What exciting things are coming up for you in the near future?
I am going to be in The Telegraph Magazine on March 16th - so make sure you buy a copy! I hope to be featured in a few other things very soon, but I guess I’ll just have to wait!
Love her like we do? Vote for Tolly for “Best Teen Blog” at the Company Style Blogger Awards here!
Get Tolly’s young, fresh style and join thousands of other trendsetters on www.wantering.com!
This blog post by Wantering is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
- sincerelyamused likes this
- ah-free-khan reblogged this from wantering-under-cover
- just-that-normal-city-girl reblogged this from wedgeswedgeswedges
- just-that-normal-city-girl likes this
- nyzette reblogged this from lingeriesexytime
- espelhinhodemao likes this
- just-a-girl-with-ideas reblogged this from wedgeswedgeswedges
- tlh02 likes this
- sofeediamonds likes this
- batsinthebasement likes this
- sunniesroom likes this
- babybird83 likes this
- meikefriedrichs likes this
- shinebrightlikeadiamondlikekim reblogged this from skirting-the-issue and added:
- karma-will-hit-you likes this
- anya0923 likes this
- alfiadelisma likes this
- ihaveglambition likes this
- stewpiditypfft likes this
- godsave-theteens reblogged this from radshades
- redtaylib likes this
- funniest-alicia likes this
- justingregory reblogged this from wantering-sweater-weather
- frenchieshark likes this
- rurru16 reblogged this from hipster-tops
- requestjapan reblogged this from jacket-is-required
- clutch-1 likes this
- sorandomkatie reblogged this from wantering-menswear
- therealtaystarr likes this
- wefuckedmonamour likes this
- diamond89 reblogged this from skirting-the-issue
- rewindreplayrelive reblogged this from in-those-boots and added:
- kbgporter likes this
- squidwardtentaclesgrandpasweater reblogged this from skirting-the-issue
- thedepthofme reblogged this from hipster-tops
- mackbarbie07 likes this
- diamond89 likes this
- evolutionofjbailey likes this
- hotboyz123 likes this
- rebellesshop likes this
- littleeatingme likes this
- weareradioactive likes this
- hectorafro likes this
- kaylakoalas reblogged this from winter-fashion-trends
- forgiveandforgeteverything reblogged this from all-black-all-the-time
- charlotterichard likes this
- vannary likes this
- cris-limas likes this