Photographer, filmmaker, traveller and Wantering trendsetter. Quite a list of accomplishments and Christoph Schaller has already accomplished all four at the young age of 23. Born in Munich, Germany, schooled in London, England, and currently attending the University of Munich, this shutterbug caused us to nearly fall off our chairs when we saw his breathtaking portfolio.
Christoph started taking photos as a teenager to capture all his memories from his world travels. Fast forward to 2013 and Christoph can now say his work has appeared in New York Magazine, GQ and Vogue Italia, just to name a few. Also a popular blogger, Christoph’s outfits are an online hit, and his blog was selected as one of IFB’s Top 12 Menswear Blogs in 2012. Wait - we’re not done yet. He’s even designed a custom “blogger edition” leather jacket for Australian leather label, Viparo.
This young man captures innocence, fashion, travel and raw beauty on camera like no other. His talent is truly astonishing and we can’t wait to see where Christoph’s skills will take him next. It’ll be far - that much we know. Today we chat with Christoph and take a peek through his incredible portfolio full of personal street style shots, and snaps of models like Jourdan Dunn and Cara Delevingne.
What is your personal motto?
I don’t really have just one, there’s just too many. If I had one I’d be something like “Nothing is impossible. Just do everything to make things happen”.
Tell us about yourself and how you got your start in photography as a teenager?
I’m a photographer who also likes to occasionally make films. I’m currently living in Munich, Germany, but it’s my big goal to move to London soon! I got started with photography because of all the travelling I was doing when I was a teenager. I just wanted to capture my memories in the best possible way and that’s when I got obsessed with taking “good” pictures. I went step by step and now I’m getting my first paid jobs.
You split your time between London, Munich and Berlin. How would you describe the different fashion styles in each city?
Munich is very clean, both the city itself and also the style of people. It’s kind of a less fashionable version of Stockholm to me. The Swedish are very interested in aesthetics and fashion and you can see that. I think most people in Munich don’t care too much. They go to Zara and they’re happy.
Berlin however is very “street” to me. Kind of messed up but people like it. Creative, loud, colorful.
I think London is a more high-fashion version of the two cities combined. You have looks that are rather street tough but there’s also a chic side. London is definitely the most fashionable city of these three.
Which photographers and bloggers do you draw inspiration from?
What’s your fave thing to photograph?
What are your big plans for the future?
In this order:
Have my own studio.
Work for magazines and labels I can identify myself with.
Create my first book and exhibition.
Move to London and take things to the next level.
If you could give one piece of advice to your 14-year old self, what would that be?
Be the most positive person you know! Always believe in things and do everything to make them happen!
We know you’ll want to see the rest of Christoph’s portfolio, so visit him on his website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr.
Inspired by Christoph’s sharp sleek street style? Shop the hottest fashion, along with thousands of other trendsetters, on www.wantering.com!
This blog post by Wantering is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
- lumenllessing likes this
- thefanaticone reblogged this from jacket-is-required
- baldesteagle32 likes this
- roma-no-se-hizo-en-un-dia reblogged this from jacket-is-required
- clutch-1 likes this
- imgagastalker reblogged this from in-those-boots
- harrisonstonemisc reblogged this from wantering-blog
- jimmydiego39 reblogged this from jacket-is-required
- ivyfreakinsaur likes this
- london-fashion-student likes this
- itsanonymouslyme reblogged this from wantering-jewelry
- lgranados likes this
- nimmzi likes this
- f0otballtothegroin likes this
- tdjvenuik reblogged this from skirting-the-issue
- christobelleb likes this
- trendhut reblogged this from lingeriesexytime
- marshyboy reblogged this from radshades and added:
- inasty reblogged this from fr3sco-kid
- inasty likes this
- fr3sco-kid reblogged this from juliatanase
- justcallmetod likes this
- ninetwo likes this
- huffandapuff likes this
- lucie-k reblogged this from juliatanase
- juliatanase reblogged this from wantering-jewelry
- lickmelikeastamp likes this
- abourgeoisbohemian reblogged this from wantering-under-cover
- amans-world likes this
- daniax21 reblogged this from hipster-tops
- espelhinhodemao reblogged this from jacket-is-required
- nnadeemk reblogged this from wantering-bags
- freedbyalchemy reblogged this from jacket-is-required
- ourendless-numbereddays reblogged this from hipster-miniskirts
- karnalapple likes this
- saevissilvarum likes this
- danowski likes this
- andyandco reblogged this from looking-pretty-in-prints
- georgiburt likes this
- reddreefa reblogged this from wantering-sneakers
- reddreefa likes this
- syahmin reblogged this from wantering-menswear
- syahmin likes this
- soooooorad likes this
- irisviolets reblogged this from wantering-menswear
- irisviolets likes this
- abc20130216 likes this
- tlh02 likes this
- anebjornsen likes this
- bo-llo likes this